If you are a first time visitor, interested in history and wish to see Malta’s highlights, this is the tour for you. Throughout the centuries several powers ruled this tiny Mediterranean island, gradually shaping it into the unique melting pot it is today. This tour guides you through the various periods of history which make Malta a unique country. Prehistoric, medieval, the Knights of St. John, the British period and contemporary Malta are all on the itinerary.
Pick-up and drop-off from the Cruise Liner Terminal Exit or your hotel by a private vehicle and fully licensed tour guide. The itinerary of this tour includes:
- A walking tour of Valletta’s historic center. As you walk past Valletta’s landmarks, your private tour guide will explain the city’s history and the stories hiding behind the imposing facades.
- You can opt to visit St. John’s Cathedral.
- A walking tour of Mdina. Malta’s former capital was the ‘Notable City’ in the Middle Ages. Home to Malta’s nobility it has retained its medieval charm whilst harmoniously assimilating splendid baroque and neo architecture.
- Marsaxlokk fishing village. Here you can enjoy a stroll along the harbor or have lunch.
- The Blue Grotto. A photo stop or weather permitting you can do the 20 minute boat trip.
- Hagar Qim Temples. These megalithic temples, World Heritage Site are testimony to the building expertise of the Stone Age.
Duration: 7 to 8 hours from the agreed meeting time.
Stress level: Moderate. There is a fair amount of walking in Valletta and Mdina, however your guide will adapt the tour to meet your requirements. You might opt to have a shorter lunch break in Mdina or Valletta and have some free time for shopping or for more time for sightseeing.
To make a booking or for more information send an email on [email protected], call or text on 0035 99318808 or fill in the form below: